Thursday 30 July 2015

To The One Who First Loved Me




You labored in pain
To bear down the fruit your womb contained
In fulfillment of a decree
By the maker you conformed to, without plea
Yet a choice you had to Sustain
And with intense joy you maintained

The first time I heard I love you
It was coming from you
And no other has been so true
When I chose to do wrong
You did not deny me where to belong
I broke the calabash you cherished
I cried for no reason, keeping you awake all night
You were the manager of my life and you made me flourish
Serving me all day and night
And taking shares in my tears

Now I am trapped in the grips of fear as days pass by
Because I get closer to telling you goodbye
Meanwhile I can’t stand to see you die
If life could be a legend or a play
Where this love could forever be in display
I would risk my life to get magic pearls for you to swallow
And forever live to receive my love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to express your opinion by commenting and sharing