Saturday 14 November 2015

Broken promises (Taaku)





Your silence has become too loud
Now my troubled inner voice is beginning to stand out
I see a heart once inflated with love, about to be popped
However, the invincible hand of providence cannot be stopped

It feels like living under a leaking roof
Where shouting, running, jumping, lying, is no proof
That I am making an effort
But rather a sign of discomfort

I have ran out of sleep yet I dream
I have ran out of appetite yet I drink
I tried escaping yet I meet you in my mind
I tried writing something meaningful but tears make me blind

You spoke less but each of your words contained paragraphs
Today I search, search, search and all I get is photographs
It has become hard to understand the will of God as I pray
One last homage, I wish I could pay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to express your opinion by commenting and sharing